Frequently Asked Questions
Setting Up Your US Company
- What is a LLC?
- What is a INC?
- LLC vs INC
- Advantages of an LLC
- Advantages of an INC
- Why is an S-Corp not suitable for foreign owners?
- Can a Non-US Resident own a LLC or an INC?
- Do I need a US address to incorporate a business?
- Do I need to travel to the USA to form a LLC or an INC?
- Can I create a US branch of my foreign company?
- How long does it take to get incorporated?
- Do I need to keep accounts for my Sole Proprietorship LLC?
- What accounting documents should I keep for my Sole Proprietorship LLC?
- How does incorporating a LLC or INC protect the assets of the owner?
- Protecting your assets
- Can you provide 100% shareholder asset guarantee protection?
Business Bank Account Opening
EIN Number (Business Tax Identification Number)
- What is a Certificate of Formation?
- What is a Certificate of Incorporation?
- What is an Operating Agreement?
- What are Corporate Bylaws?
- Will I receive the originals of my formation documentation?
- Can I work in the USA if I own a LLC or INC?
- Aside from a B1 visa what are my options if I want to stay longer in the USA?
Mailing & Virtual Office Address Service
- What is a virtual office address?
- Do I need a virtual office address?
- How does a virtual office address work?
- Where can I have a virtual office address?
Naming Your Company
- Restrictions on naming your company
- Purpose of a Name Availability Check
- What information can be searched?
- How to search the register yourself
- Why we provide a free professional name search with your package
Payment Processing (Accepting Credit & Debit Cards)
- What is a Registered Agent?
- What are the requirements for a Delaware Registered Agent?
- What is not allowed?
- How much does it cost to renew the Registered Agent?
- How do I change my Registered Agent?
- How are LLCs taxed?
- How are C-Corporations taxed?
- What is an EIN number?
- Do foreign-owned sole proprietorship LLCs have to pay US federal taxes?
- What does the term ‘disregarded entity’ mean?
- Tax-free income for a USA sole proprietorship LLC (Non-ETOB)
- What is FDAP income?
- What is a Dependent Agent?
- What are the Federal Tax Compliances for a USA sole proprietorship foreign-owned LLC?